Sunday, March 26, 2017

life update: Sunday

Today's been very good --which is usually unusual for a Sunday, but I'm very glad it happened. I got to knock some things off my bucket list today, too, but I'll get to that in a bit.


I don't know if this is even from March, but we're going to say it was. I also don't know if webcam photos are even a thing anymore, but that's fine fine fine with me.

It was my birthday month, and it's had some ups and downs and loop-de-loops, but as a whole I'd say it's been nice. Wore some girly outfits, did my eyes all nice, and I feel like I've been occupying me a little more than I used to, although there have still been some days where it hasn't been all daisies, which is okay.
This month has also had a lot of Snapple iced tea.
For my birthday (well, the Sunday after my birthday) Momma, Bill, & Hunter all came up and we had dinner at Old Chicago --went for a walk & stopped in the kitty cat bookshop (which is closing soon I'm so sad about it) where Momma couldn't really help herself, haha --and then we went on a quick walk through some bits of Durham, where we got ice creams and stuff. It was just a really good day. It's been awhile since I've had a birthday that I've really liked, or even got to properly celebrate.

I've also accumulated some books (figured I could treat myself during the whole month, not just that one day), and hopefully I'll be in the mood to read them soon. I've been feeling a lil' slumpish lately, but the weather's turning so I think I can kick back into it. I even ordered a book late this afternoon, too (whoops). I read The Little Prince in one day (the day I got it), and it was so sweet & I loved it so much & there's a new Netflix original movie based on it --it was cute, but not as cute as I was hoping it'd be. But it was still sweet, especially since I was sick in bed with a cold that Monday.

 Now for today! I planned a little meet up with some coworkers, and we ate at a food truck rodeo!
 There are food trucks parked all the time around the city and the nearby town, and I've been telling myself for a couple years that I wanted to eat at one --particularly Chirba Chirba. 

It usually sits on one of the corners on the way home; I even remember sitting in Tim's car, telling him how I wanted to try some of their dumplings, and we'd have to make a date out of it sometime.
Well, it wasn't a date, but 3+ years later, I've finally had some of their dumplings! The local food trucks parked all in a row and it was the first truck I tried --and it was just as wonderful as I thought it'd be! I ordered some dumplings called juicy buns, and they had some sort of savory-sweet pork soup inside, and I dipped them in some garlic sesame sauce that had orange and some Chinese wine in it. It was super delicious, and I think I'll try to stop by the corner on my days off so I can have them again. It was really fun.

Well I think that's it for now, until next time. x
Love, Lizzie.

No comments:

Post a Comment