Wednesday, March 1, 2017

And my birthday month rolls in with thunder (I am a pisces)

Things have gotten a little rocky, but it's alright --things should never be smooth sailing if you want to get up and grow. And I'll be 25 in 13 days, but oddly enough I've done more growing in this new year than I have during the whole lot of 24. It's overwhelming but I have no choice but to kiss the early twenties goodbye, even if I feel a little robbed in doing so (it's fine, Lizard, it's fine).


The weather has gotten alarmingly warm for the end of February? As I'm writing this, there's thunder outside and downpours and my wine is no good. It looks like water in my glass and tastes like vinegar. No good, no good.

I'm currently reading The Bell Jar finally (I purchased it after I got my self settled in and down two years ago during senior year of college--and I've finally gotten to read it this winter/"spring"). I'm absorbing the book like a lesson, finding all the unfiltered things and pretty things and honest things and natural things and this is where I get stuck and can't get the words out well. But I think the book will be important for me if I just stop binging it --I'll have to reread it again and reabsorb it. Again. I wish I had taken a class on it --I feel like there's so much that I could get out of it, but sometimes my own filter isn't enough vision or have the peripheries. Although I'm sure the library on campus has plenty on Plath..I could find a thing or two.

I also got to read the first volume of The Girl from the Other Side, and the artwork makes me swell up inside, it's such a sweet, fairytale, slow story, but I love it to pieces. The only thing I wish was different is the 'harmful' 'weak' protective-ness of Teacher, but I still love him. Still. Maybe I'm just picky in the way guardians or caretakers or platonic companions are written. But I really do love him (especially with his arms in the fire). It really is a sweet story and I need the future volumes to see what happens to the hanger at the end and you should read it all, too.

Well I guess that's it for now, I'm going to putter about and drink my terrible wine and enjoy the rain. Maybe I'll see you 'round my birthday!

Love, Lizzie. x

No comments:

Post a Comment