Friday, July 5, 2013

Oh, ohh.

I haven't made a post in ages, but oh well. 

About two weeks ago, my nana, my two uncles, and my one aunt came down for a visit from Pennsylvania. It was really nice; I learned a little trick in quilting called tufting!
And we went to the aquarium (where I touched a shark and two species of starfish and a sea anemone who tried to eat the top of my finger, it was the most precious little thing). 

Then we went downtown where I found these colorful popcorn flowers (or else they are a strange species of rose, I'm not quite sure) and browsed through some antique stores. And I purchased a little oil lamp that looks like it should contain a flower genie! It's simply adorable, it's just missing the bulb piece for now..

And then they left! (but I had more appreciation for an uncle I'd been slightly afraid of all my life and my nana looks cute now with short gray hair --but I'll always know her as the one with the long, fire-red).




(Here is my little genie oil lamp in the bottom right, above it is a sugar bowl to the dish set my nana gave me. Apparently they were my father's when he first had his apartment, and now they are mine! It came with a coffeepot which I'll be using for lemonade, since I'm not big on coffee or tea. It's all too beautiful, really).

Oh, and for those looking for a book recommendation, I highly suggest A Separate Peace, by John Knowles. It's quite wonderful, and is one of my new favorites (I'm so very happy that I decided to pick it up this June).



In other news, I got contacts the other week, and now you can finally see my eyes! If you can get through the jungle of hair around my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment