Sunday, July 7, 2013

My brother is sleeping; super moon

I meant to tell you a story the last time I made a post, but it completely slipped my mind (and I feel kind of sad about that). But, since Vinnie is sleeping in my bed and I can't do much without waking him, I'll just tell you about my super moon experience.

I spent quite a few days visiting Timothy, and during my visit the super moon came around. We missed the first night (I had completely forgotten about it, as I am wont to do lately), and so on the second night we went out looking after Tim came home from work. From his porch, we couldn't see the moon (or what would have been the moon); all we could see were trees and the hill and all the trees on the hill. So we walked up towards the high school, to the roundabout street where there's an open space of sky square blankly ahead, and did some cloud and stargazing (I feel like it would have been much more romantic and intimate if Tim's brothers weren't there with us, but it was nice nonetheless).

The moon was a spotlight. It was sitting behind one of those cirrus clouds (only this one was much thicker, so I'm not quite sure if he counts as a thin and wispy cirrus), but anywho, the cloud kept stretching out in front of the spotlight, and suddenly someone, or something creeped across the curtain! I was so excited, I jumped to my tippy-toes and asked Tim to look, if he saw it, and he said yes, but said it was only a cloud (and his older brother agreed). But I don't believe it was --no, no, no. Clouds do not walk like humans, they don't creep and skulk like thieves or rogues who are caught redhanded in a place they should not be seen. Nor are they as dark as a human.

That man either lived in the clouds, or perhaps stood on a hill top, angling his own light at the moon (maybe he is the one amplifying the moon, creating something super) --and he just wanted us to know it was all a hoax by crossing in front of his light.

It was something grand, and exciting, and it felt like something you would only find in a child's picture book. But 'twas quite real (Well, my imagination may have gotten the best of me, but I am sure it was a shadow of some sort, and not a mysterious cloud).

No comments:

Post a Comment