Wednesday, December 12, 2012

new and antiquey


Winter break has started (and it's been rocky and uneasy so far, but today I'm feeling much better). Everything is grey; the sky and its clouds, the houses, the lake, the neighbor's yard, the filtered sunshine, everything. But it is still good, still good.


After Thanksgiving, my sister and I did some online shopping, and these are the pretty pajama shorts I ordered! They're a pretty slate-lavendar color, with a pretty lace trim.


Then there's my sister's Christmas present, an antique camera. I don't know if it's in workable condition or not (I looked through the peephole, and all I see is white light, so perhaps it is broken..). But! the front pops out (like an accordion) and shuts back up, so I think she will like it anyway. And then there's my "bosom box." I purchased it at the same store, and now it's my favorite place to store my favorite brass-colored flower rings, my polka-dot clip bow, my clock necklace that no longer ticks, etc.


Oh, and yesterday I decorated the wall above my bed with Christmas lights, and voila! My room feels like it's glowing with warmth (even if I haven't been lately). It makes for the most wonderful reading atmosphere though, I promise.






No comments:

Post a Comment