Sunday, January 7, 2018

Kissing the new year, hello --but first, goodbyes


I feel like there's too much to write about 2017, so I think I'm just gonna keep it anchored on books for a good chunk of this post.

I read 24 books last year, which meant I reached my goodreads reading challenge!
(Most of my reads were graphic novels, though, which will play into my reading goals for this year..).
So here are the books that stuck with me through the year, the ones that my head kept thinking about and the ones that taught me something (whether that thing was a lesson or a feeling).


We have The Bell Jar, 1Q84, Lolita, and The Girl from the Other Side vol. 1.

I could only come up with four "favorites" (if we want to call them that) for the year, but I'm still really proud of it --considering I haven't been able to read much since 2014/15.

But I have a couple goals! Obviously in list form:
  • Reading goal of 22 books this year, but still aiming for 2 books a month if I can (I felt a little pressured last year and I don't want this to be an anxiety-inducing hobby)
  • Read more women authors (I have a habit of gravitating towards older, white men)
  • Read more novels vs. graphic novels (but still get my graphic novel fix)
  • Find more modern day authors to love, instead of just the classics
  • Have some rereads this year! Some books are way overdue for a revisit :)
  • Post more bookish things on insta!
  • And give audiobooks a go
It's a bit of a list, but I've already got two books under my belt this year and it's just the first week of January! My first read (and reread) was Peter Pan, and it's the best way to start a year, I think.

2018 is going to be full of change, and I can only hope for happiness :)

Well that's it for now, goodbye and good luck. x
Love, Lizzie.

No comments:

Post a Comment